Right now, I’m guessing that:
… You’re unchallenged and unfulfilled at work, having what seems like the same meetings and conversations over and over again
… You feel scared or unclear about your next career step
… You have so much more to contribute that is just wasting away every day.
… You feel like what you did worked to a certain point, but that the rules of the game seem to have changed as you advanced (and you’re the only one who doesn’t know them!)
… You’re frustrated by the slow growth of your career – and pay check!
… You’ve “Leaned In” like Sheryl told you to – and now what?
I’ve felt the same many times over. After finally “cracking the code,” I developed a framework to address all aspects of what makes an amazing career, and have since used it myself to propel my career upwards and onwards, landing me regular promotions, amazing raises, full bonus pay-outs and an international opportunity halfway across the world and to coach over 50 women to get the same results.
So, how did I get here?
This is my story.
Even as a child, I dreamed of being an international business woman. What this woman actually did in her job was of less importance to me, I just knew I had to get there. I envisioned myself in a cosmopolitan European city, wearing a pantsuit and a stylish, yet enormous cell phone in hand (hey! I’m pre-millennial).
The daughter of two engineer CEOs, ambition, hard work and busyness was all I knew.
When I landed my dream job for Scandinavia’s biggest media company straight out of college, the climb began.
I did what I had always done – I worked harder and faster than everybody else, came up with ideas and solutions for my managers, went out for drinks after work and rarely said no to help on a project or a committee.
And the promotions followed. I got record breaking raises and always got full bonus payouts. Head hunters started calling, but I loved my job!
After years of fast paced work in operational roles in the struggling news industry, I started to feel burned out. After a health scare, it was painful (read: for my ego) to realize that I had to take a step back.
Around this time, I started carefully studying successful people (men…) around me and became obsessed with cracking the code of how they handled it all. They landed the right jobs, seemed to bathe in cash, never seemed rushed or out of their depth and knew the right people…
A few months into my new role (and research/semi-stalking!), my health had improved and I was hungering for the pulse of high pressure work and new adventures. I started looking for internal international opportunities and after some highly unconventional job hunting, I got a job offer in Singapore.
I said yes even though it was a step down in both title and in pay.
With my new career hacking insights in mind, I started the climb again. And guess what?
Only five months later I became Country Manager of the Philippines for an international start-up.
I had a large team, worked across 12 time zones and managed risk capital investments that occasionally kept me up at night, while still feeling like I had more to give at the end of the day. And plenty of time and energy to plan for and act on the next steps!
Over these almost 10 years, I developed a unique framework for getting regular promotions, impressive raises and always a full bonus pay-out – without working 24/7 or sacrificing my health. I started to share it with friends and moved on to use it while coaching my team members.
Seeing others thrive and reach new heights in their careers was so fulfilling to me that I eventually left my company and started up my own coaching business.
Today I use the same framework to help busy, ambitious women like you move up in your career!
I can help you if….
- You’re stuck on your options and need help to clear a path to your next career step
- You dream big and aim high, but you’re exhausted at the end of every single day and have no mental energy left to take action
- You want a system not just for this next career step, but to keep propelling you upwards
Oh, you want more?
- I was born in Sweden, but I’ve spent my life studying, working and living on four continents. I am in my happy place when at an airport and I think wi-fi on airplanes should be illegal.
- I have lived in 9 countries on 4 continents.
- I’ve done everything from working at a photo agency in Norway to being country manager of the Philippines for an international start-up. I love working in fast paced environments where change is the only constant. I have also learned that the opposite of a start-up is a shut down and that it happens to the majority of them.
- My ambitions have always had to be balanced with my family. I have two pugs that have always served as an anchor while travelling the world for work. Because let’s be honest – you can always FaceTime your partner, but you actually have to fly home for dog cuddles!
Anna Cosic is a Career Coach who works with women to advance their careers.
She holds a Master of Science in Management from Stockholm University. Anna spent almost 10 years climbing the career ladder in Scandinavia’s biggest media company, Schibsted, eventually leading a company and managing 70 people before starting her coaching business. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband, toddler son and two pugs, Igor and Doris.